Knysna Tourism is the official tourism body in Knysna and is mandated by the Knysna Municipality to market Greater Knysna as a holiday destination.
The office, together with its satellite office in Sedgefield, can help you plan your getaway to the heart of the Garden Route.
- The Knysna Tourism is a one-stop stop shop for information about things to do in Knysna and surrounding areas.
- They provide a booking service for activities, restaurants, and accommodation establishments in the area.
- The office can also assist you with timetables for shuttle services and Intercape busses.
- Visitors can buy local art & crafts which are on display in our office
- They provide information about upcoming festivals & events.
- Their knowledgeable visitor centre staff have loads of general travel information for tourists.
Top 10 things to do in Greater Knysna
- Cruise the lagoon on a ferry, inflatable boat, yacht or kayak.
- Explore the indigenous forests by foot, mountain bike, non-motorised scooter or jeep.
- Enjoy the rush of adventure activities including whale watching, surfing, paragliding and bungee jumping.
- Indulge in local food and craft beer at numerous restaurants and markets.
- Play golf on three world-class courses.
- Participate in exciting annual festivals and events.
- Get up close to elephants and other animals at numerous wildlife sanctuaries.
- Soak up the sun on a pristine beach in Sedgefield, Buffalo Bay or Brenton-on-Sea.
- Learn about the rich culture and history of the area on a guided walk or tour.
- Book a community tourism experience for a home-stay or township tour.